Lynette Hector, M.S.
After receiving my training in marriage and family therapy, I’ve had considerable experience as a social worker in the Bronx for the past three years. There I provided direct services including intake assessments, home visits to ensure the safety of children, and implemented behavioral modification plans with schools to help students reduce hyperactivity and achieve greater focus. In the course of my six years working in the mental health field, I have helped numerous children and families affected by a variety of socio-economic issues including ADHD, bi-polar disorder, bereavement, couple relationships, and parent-child relationships. I am also certified to provide pre-marital counseling using the PREPARE/ENRICH program.
- B.S. Social Work & B.A Religion – Atlantic Union College, 1998
- M.S. Marriage and Family Therapy – Loma Linda Univ. -2004
- Leake & Watts Services, Bronx, NY – Social Worker – 2007 -2010
- NY Assoc. of Marriage & Family Therapy – Intern – 2005-2006
- Silverlake Youth Services – Intern Therapist – 2002 -2004
- Loma Linda Univ. Med. Cntr. – Therapist/Chaplain -2003-2004
- NY Foundling/Project Basement – Social Worker – 1998-2000
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist – NY
- Certified – PREPARE/ENRICH
(sees clients in NY office – cell phone # 718-877-3722)